Principal: Debora Cluff
» District Boundaries
» School Improvement Plan
Highland Park is a learning community featuring diversity, arts, technology, an outstanding faculty and staff, and strong support from parents. It is a place where caring, respect, trust, family and responsibility are taught and lived everyday.
Facts About Highland Park
- The original Highland Park has become a private school known as Carden Elementary School.
- Highland Park opened in its 1975/76 school year.
- Highland Park curriculum is strong and balanced covering the full range of subjects mandated by the State of Utah including literacy, math, science, dance, drama, music and visual arts.
- Students learn research skills in their library/media education.
Highland Park Highlights
- Two computer labs allow each child to receive technology related instruction two to three times per week.
- A "Hands On Science" program is offered to students in Grades 3-6.
- A community partnership with Artworks For Kids, Inc., and the Virginia Tanner Creative School of Dance Children's Dance Theater, allows every student in the school to have quality dance instruction on a weekly basis.
- A strong emphasis on developing a "Community of Caring" has resulted in a positive school environment for teaching and learning.